Tutoring isn’t only for kids, it is for lifelong learners too! Here at TutorBright, we also get lots of request for adult education tutoring. There are all kinds of reasons why an adult might want to benefit from the help of a tutor. They may be going back to school as a mature student, getting their GED or high school equivalent, studying for the ACT, LSAT, SAT or GRE or simply trying to improve their own skills in math, English or French.
The TutorBright Process
The TutorBright Process always begins with a free, no-obligation consultation in which we discuss your goals and provide a learning assessment. This helps us to match you with a Tutor-Mentor who can best help you accomplish your goals.
Adult Education Tutoring
Since there are so many varying reasons why an adult might choose to get a tutor, there is no one size fits all approach. Instead, we provide personal learning plans for each of our adult students. Learning plans may include one or more of the following:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) – Newcomers to Canada may have challenges finding work and integrating into Canadian society, especially if English is not their first language. With training from TutorBright, we can help you become more proficient in the English language.
- High school or GED – So many jobs today require high school or equivalent as a minimum education requirement. If you never finished high school and would like to, it’s not too late.
- English – If reading, writing and speaking were never your strong suit in school, you might still not feel comfortable when you are asked to practice these skills. This can be especially hard if your job demands report writing, presentations, etc. If you are looking to advance, but feel that poor English skills are holding you back, we can help.
- French – Today in Ottawa, being bilingual is a very valuable skill in many professionals. Whether you are learning French for the first time or just trying to become more fluent, working with one of our Tutor-Mentors can help you with the process.
- Math – Math can be a challenging subject at any age, but lacking basic skills can mean being overlooked for promotions at work and having difficulty in your day to day life. It is never too late to improve your skills.
- Entrance Exam Preparation – if you are going on to further your education, you may be required to take and entrance examination such as the ACT, LSAT, SAT or GRE. But if it’s been awhile since you’ve been in school, it makes sense to get a little help. A Tutor-Mentor can help you prepare for these exams by ensuring that you know the fundamentals and by providing you with effective strategies for study.
No matter what your reason for hiring an adult education tutor, it makes good sense to contact TutorBright. Our rates are very competitive and we have Tutor-Mentors in Ottawa who special in working with adult learners in a wide variety of subject matter. Call us today and learn how we can help you.